Today, I want to talk about the health benefits of coconut milk. The raw, freshly made kind.
I have been making coconut milk for over a year now, it is so delicious, healthy and so easy to make right at home! I did an entire tutorial and I hope you check it out, I want you to reap the benefits of coconut milk too! Try making it and let me know how it goes for you!
Firstly, it is a great substitute to anyone allergic to cow’s milk since it is lactose free milk. Just one glass of coconut milk a day can feed your body with a long list of vitamins such as: –
- Iron – creates blood cells while transporting oxygen to the heart.
- Selenium – promotes healthy hair and eyes and also reduces inflammation.
- Magnesium – helps with relaxation and reduces anxiety levels by regulating blood pressure.
- Phosphorous & Calcium – works with calcium to strengthen bones and teeth.
- Potassium – responsible for maintaining tissue function of the heart, kidney, brain and muscles
- Vitamin C – Boosts immune system from the antiviral and antimicrobial properties of coconut milk
- Vitamin E – aids with a healthy skin glow when coconut milk is massaged onto your skin. Left it rest for 15 minutes, the nutrients of coconut milk are readily absorbed.
- Vitamins B1, B3, B5, B6 – boosts energy
All these benefits are from whole, organic, non-gmo, fresh, matured coconuts. Not the canned stuff, or anything sitting on a shelf for long periods of time.
Whether you drink coconut milk or apply to your hair, skin and body, you still get the nutrients and benefits of coconut milk. Of course it is best to consume a glass or 2 daily of freshly made coconut milk for best results.
Leave a Comment!
How are you using coconut milk in your daily life?